For nearly 25 years Boulder Country Day School has been at the forefront of education in the Boulder Valley. The hallmarks of our school - Community, Character, Academic Excellence, and Small Class Sizes - are the keys to our success and allow us to create an educational experience where children innovate, create, grow and thrive. We believe our children are our future, and, to that end, we offer a broad-based liberal arts education that focuses on developing lifelong learners and responsible global citizens. The Boulder Country Day challenge, Discover Your Excellence, recognizes that excellence is teachable, personal, and can be achieved in a variety of different disciplines - academic, athletic, community service, leadership, and more. We seek to provide just the right amount of nurture, structure, and latitude to live up to this challenge. This full-time position will begin on August 11, 2017.
The Boulder Country Day Middle School Math/Science Teacher will work with the members of the middle school faculty and staff to teach math and/or science in grades 6-8. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Teach 5 MS math and/or science classes (Pre-algebra through Algebra II, and lab-based Physical, Life, and Earth Sciences) in an 8 period day:
- Advise 12-14 students;
- Participate in ongoing training for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Program, BCD’s 1:1 program, and other subject specific skills;
- Collaborate with middle school faculty and staff to implement BCD’s 1:1 technology program;
- Provide regular and thorough communication to all BCD constituencies (students, parents, and colleagues);
- Help review and revise the BCD math and science curricula as needed;
- Support enrollment and retention by assisting with tours, events, and other school outreach; and
- Perform other duties as directed by the Head of School.