The Lovett School
Alumni Annual Giving Manager
Reports to: Director of Annual Giving and Director of Alumni Programs
Position Summary: The Lovett School, an independent K-12 day school in Atlanta, GA, seeks an Alumni Annual Giving Manager to begin June 2017. The Alumni Annual Giving Manager is responsible for engagement and solicitation efforts with our 6,000+ alumni in support of the goals of Lovett’s True Blue Annual Fund. Interested candidates should have seasoned experience in annual giving at an independent school or university.
The Lovett School Mission: The Lovett School is a community that seeks to develop young men and women of honor, faith, and wisdom with the character and intellect to thrive in college and in life.
The Lovett School Vision for Learning: Lovett offers experiences that inspire our students to love learning. We encourage them to think critically, communicate effectively, engage creatively, and collaborate purposefully. We provide the opportunities and resources that help our students develop independence and self-direction and extend their learning beyond the walls of the classroom as they grow intellectually, emotionally, physically, aesthetically, morally, and spiritually.
The Lovett School Diversity Mission Statement: The Lovett School celebrates the uniqueness of each individual within an intentionally inclusive, diverse, and welcoming environment. We recognize that our community is enhanced as we seek to appreciate and respect the differences among our students, faculty, staff, parents, and alumni. We are committed to supporting this environment through classroom instruction, professional development, and other curricular and co-curricular programming, and in accordance with our nondiscriminatory policy.
- Responsible for the execution and growth of Lovett’s True Blue Annual Fund outreach to our alumni community.
- Collaborate with Parent and Leadership Annual Giving Manager to ensure coordinated efforts on behalf of True Blue.
- Serve as primary support for Alumni True Blue volunteers and donors.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with our alumni donors and volunteers through attendance at key alumni meetings, events, and opportunities for personal outreach.
- Collaborate with Director of Annual Giving on strategies to achieve alumni annual fund dollar and participation goals and generate metrics to track progress towards those goals.
- Collaborate with Director of Annual Giving, the Office of Alumni Programs, and communications staff to develop alumni-focused annual giving collateral and messaging.
- Generate and update Raiser’s Edge alumni queries, exports, and reports and support Advancement Services’ data integrity efforts.
- Oversee the execution of alumni solicitation mailings.
- Assist in identification of lead alumni donor & volunteer prospects.
- Research potential outreach programs for reunion giving, young alumni, and students and, as appropriate, help lead implementation of those programs.
- Assist with True Blue volunteer activities, including but not limited to trainings, phone-a-thons, and planning for reunion giving appeals.
- Engage in other alumni duties as mutually agreed upon by the Director of Annual Giving and Director of Alumni Programs.
- At various times throughout the year, this position will work outside of regular business hours for various job-related functions. As much advance notification as possible will be provided for these events.