The Lovett School
Leadership and Parent Annual Giving Manager
Reports to: Director of Annual Giving
Position Summary: The Lovett School, an independent K-12 day school in Atlanta, GA, seeks a
Leadership and Parent Annual Giving Manager to begin June 2017. The Leadership and Parent
Annual Giving Manager is responsible for providing support for the Development Office’s Annual
Fund program, focusing especially on efforts with two priority Lovett constituencies of 500+
leadership donors and 1,300+ parents. Interested candidates should have seasoned experience in
annual giving at an independent school or university.
The Lovett School Mission: The Lovett School is a community that seeks to develop young men and women of honor, faith, and wisdom with the character and intellect to thrive in college and in life.
The Lovett School Vision for Learning: Lovett offers experiences that inspire our students to love learning. We encourage them to think critically, communicate effectively, engage creatively, and collaborate purposefully. We provide the opportunities and resources that help our students develop independence and self-direction and extend their learning beyond the walls of the classroom as they grow intellectually, emotionally, physically, aesthetically, morally, and spiritually.
The Lovett School Diversity Mission Statement: The Lovett School celebrates the uniqueness of each individual within an intentionally inclusive, diverse, and welcoming environment. We recognize that our community is enhanced as we seek to appreciate and respect the differences among our students, faculty, staff, parents, and alumni. We are committed to supporting this environment through classroom instruction, professional development, and other curricular and co-curricular programming, and in accordance with our nondiscriminatory policy.
- Responsible to help plan, execute, and grow the True Blue Annual Fund’s outreach to the Lovett community, with special focus on Lovett’s leadership donor and parent communities.
- Collaborate with Alumni Annual Giving Manager to ensure coordinated efforts on behalf of True Blue.
- Serve as ongoing, primary support for True Blue volunteer and donor needs.
- Generate and update Raiser’s Edge queries, exports, and reports, generate metrics to track progress towards True Blue goals, and support Advancement Services’ data integrity efforts.
- Support Director of Annual Giving and communications staff in creation, production, and distribution of annual giving collateral and messaging.
- Research additional outreach and stewardship strategies, in coordination with Director of Annual Giving, to grow leadership and parent giving and, as appropriate, help lead implementation of those strategies.
- Assist with preparation and implementation of True Blue volunteer activities, including but not limited to trainings, phone-a-thons, promotions, and thank-a-thons.
- Manage coordination of key stewardship events for volunteers and leadership donors.
- Communicate with major gift staff to coordinate efforts around leadership donors.
- Oversee the execution of solicitation mailings.
- Prepare regular annual giving reports for development and alumni staff, volunteers, the Advancement Committee of the Board of Trustees, and core administration.
- Engage in activities school-wide to increase knowledge and enhance the True Blue Annual Fund’s presence.
- Engage in other development duties as mutually agreed upon with the Director of Annual Giving and the Chief Development Officer.
- At various times throughout the year, work outside of regular business hours for various job-related functions. As much advance notification as possible will be provided for these events.