· Teaches a full load of language arts classes. In addition, full time teachers of Middle Learning students are expected to advise students, teach an elective, supervise recess and lunch duty, and work with students during tutorial.
· Grasps and supports Galloway’s 4D philosophy of teaching by integrating lessons that are daring, deliberate, and dynamic, and ones which allow for student discovery.
· Designs curriculum, assigns related coursework and tracks student performance; evaluates programs and student progress (conferences, written evaluation, and written daily correspondence).
· Demonstrates an attitude of flexibility with regard to curriculum decisions in order to meet the instructional needs.
· Instructs and encourages individual students; establishes goals for individualized students and small groups.
· Collaborates with colleagues and seeks feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
· Reflects on instructional practices to meet individual professional development goals.
· Assumes personal responsibility for student achievement.
· Actively participates in professional development, grade level, and department meetings.
· Manages the class and ensures engagement and discipline.
· Communicates with parents or other interested parties.