- Advanced degree in English literature
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and superb writing skills
- A passion for working with young people
- An understanding of educating boys
- An understanding of early adolescent development
- An openness to professional development and continuous learning
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with colleagues, students, and parents
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent degree or educational qualifications from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of instructional techniques
- At least two years of full-time teaching experience in middle grades public or independent schools beyond student teaching
- Experience in curriculum mapping, backwards planning, and creating assessments
- Level of comfort with new technologies in a 1:1 setting: using technology to support differentiation, managing a class portal, teaching basic technology literacy skills.
Responsibilities for the position include but are not limited to:
- Collaborations with other teachers around curriculum and pedagogy
- Other responsibilities such as advising, interdisciplinary collaboration, elective courses, possible coaching, and other extra-curricular activities
Applicants should supply the following materials to email@example.com
The Allen-Stevenson School actively seeks to forward diversity goals through its process of hiring faculty and staff.