Lower School Religion Teacher (Grades 1-4)-Part-time (30 hours/week)
Schools of the Sacred Heart San Francisco/Convent of the Sacred Heart Elementary School is seeking excellent candidates for a Religion Teacher (Grades 1-4) to begin in August 21, 2017.
At Convent & Stuart Hall, we are committed to developing resilient, resourceful and engaged thinkers who are equipped to thrive in an evolving world. Our rigorous K-12 educational model is a dynamic blend of single-sex classes within a co-ed environment, supported by small-school class sizes and resources reflective of a large school. We deliver an interactive learning experience, curated by faculty highly regarded in their academic fields, so that students graduate with confidence in what they know, how they think and who they are. Our community is part of an international network of Sacred Heart schools, where students and adults embrace the catholic charism of our Sacred Heart founders, which is spiritually inclusive and global in nature.
The school is organized into four academic divisions, each led by a Head of School, and sharing resources and a central administration, all of which is under the direction of the President.
Convent Elementary School is a division within Schools of the Sacred Heart, San Francisco, serving girls in grades K-8. Convent Elementary seeks a Religion Teacher to work closely and collaboratively with Lower Form colleagues and to work closely on our Campus Ministry Team. In addition to teaching two 45-minute classes per week for each grade level, the Religion Teacher is responsible for the Sacramental Preparation of our 2nd grade students for First Reconciliation and First Communion.
We are a Sacred Heart school, which means that we are bound by the Sacred Heart Goals and Criteria. We are seeking candidates who can embody and model the following:
Goal One: A personal and active faith in God
Schools of the Sacred Heart commit themselves to educate to a personal and active faith in God.
- Rooted in the love of Jesus Christ, the school promotes a personal relationship with God and fosters the spiritual lives of its members.
- The school seeks to form its students in the attitudes of the heart of Jesus expressed in respect, compassion, forgiveness and generosity.
- The entire school program explores one's relationship to God, to self, to others, and to all creation.
- Opening themselves to the transforming power of the Spirit of God, members of the school community engage in personal and communal prayer, reflection and action.
- The entire school program affirms that there is meaning and value in life and fosters a sense of hope in the individual and in the school community.
- The school fosters inter-religious acceptance and dialogue by educating to an understanding of and deep respect for the religions of the world.
- The school presents itself to the wider community as a Christ-centered institution and as an expression of the mission of the Society of the Sacred Heart.
How To Apply:
Applicants should submit an Employment Application for Schools of the Sacred Heart, a cover letter, and current resume to:
Angela Taylor, Head of School