Mount Pisgah Christian School (MPCS) is seeking an experienced educator to teach Upper and/or Middle School Spanish courses beginning August 2017. The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills, fluency in Spanish, ideally as a native speaker, an educational philosophy and Christian worldview consistent with the mission and goals of MPCS, and certification or qualification to teach Upper and/or Middle school Spanish. He or she must demonstrate proficiency with technology and a willingness to integrate technology into the classroom. He or she should have a strong desire to contribute to school life beyond the classroom. All MPCS teachers serve as advisors and participate in the school’s annual spiritual retreat. Many also coach sports, sponsor clubs or play a role in the growing arts program.
The Middle School Instructor of Spanish will have:
- Significant experience teaching in a Christian and/or independent school setting
- Experience working as part of an academic team and facilitating a collaborative, trusting atmosphere among teaching colleagues
- A commitment to professional development and lifelong learning
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience
- A genuine ability to “connect” with and serve young people
- An eagerness to serve in a faith-based academic environment, modeling diligence, perseverance, resilience, patience, courage, and Christian discipleship
Founded in 1986, Pisgah is an accredited, college-preparatory independent Christian school with a rich history of nurturing and inspiring students in preschool through 12th grade. Compensation and benefits are competitive and will be based on the candidate’s experience and potential to make an immediate contribution to the life of the school. The school requires employees to attest to and sign an ecumenical Statement of the Christian Faith.
Please mail or email a resume, cover letter detailing interest and qualifications, and list of references to:
Mrs. Andrea Medford, Human Resources Director
9820 Nesbit Ferry Road. Alpharetta, GA 30022.
MPCS does not discriminate in admission, educational programs, or employment against anyone on the basis of gender, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, or age.