Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Equestrian Program provides the leadership required for the managing, marketing, planning, organization, administration, and supervision of the equestrian programs for the School.
-Responsible for the design and implementation of a successful program for middle and upper school students
-Oversee and manage the Summer Riding Experience (SRE) program.
-Provide strategic direction for the Riding program
-Oversee all aspects of the department including managing the Riding staff, marketing of the program, meeting with prospective families interested in the riding program, training/teaching, managing the riding budget, and organization of all equestrian events on and off campus
-Serve on the Senior Administrative team of the School
-Other duties as assigned
- Promote a student-centered view of work priorities and encourage student involvement in barn operations.
- Support an environment devoted to the education and nurturing of girls and young women.
- Exhibit a commitment to excellence in all work as evidenced by high standards of service and workmanship.
- Exhibit a commitment to honor as evidenced by honesty and integrity.
- Exhibit a commitment to community through the caring and respectful treatment of all members, through collaboration, and putting the interests of the group ahead of individual interest.
- Exhibit a commitment to diversity as evidenced by the respectful treatment of all members of the community without regard to race, color, gender, sex, religion, sexual orientation and national or ethnic origin.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Bachelor’s Degree, excellent communication, experience in the Equestrian industry, interpersonal and organizational skills including advanced computer skills, and an interest in single-sex education. Qualities most important for the successful candidate include: Perseverance, positive energy, a drive to accomplish ambitious goals, a love of boarding school community, ability to connect with students and families, team building skills, resourcefulness, creativity, and a proactive approach. Experience with technology, management techniques to ensure that all goals are met is a priority. S/he will possess a high energy level and the ability to work as part of a team.
To apply- please submit cover letter, resume and 3 references in 1 file to email@example.com