Lake Forest Academy is seeking a Science Instructor to begin in the 2017-2018 school year.
- Serve as a member of the LFA faculty subject to all responsibilities and policies set forth in the LFA Faculty and Staff Handbook.
- Be present on campus, attending such events as concerts, lectures, intra-school competitions, and athletic contests.
- Serve as an advisor to a group of 6 to 10 students.
- Create an environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Coach athletics or lead other extra-curricular activities for two seasons.
- Fulfill all other responsibilities as assigned by the Department Chair, Dean of Faculty, or Head of School.
Responsibilities as an Instructor in the Science Department:
- Teach four course sections each semester, including Chemistry.
- Take part in departmental business with a commitment to collegiality and collaboration.
Ideal qualifications include the following:
- An advanced degree in science or education.
- Ten years of successful experience as a teacher of science.
- A passion for science and for working with students.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use electronic technology to enhance instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an institution that values diversity, pluralism and inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues, parents, and students.
Lake Forest Academy is committed to hiring a culturally diverse faculty committed to working with a diverse student body. Candidates from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Lake Forest Academy is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. All decisions at the Academy will be made without regard to race, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or any other legally-protected status.
Founded in 1857, Lake Forest Academy is a coed, boarding school serving 430 academically bright and motivated students in grades 9 to 12 from across the globe. The Academy offers a rigorous curriculum focused on academic excellence and characterized by small classes and close faculty/student interaction. The school's mission of educational excellence is founded on the four pillars of character, scholarship, citizenship, and responsibility. The LFA community places students at the center of their own learning and provides the support needed to develop confidence and strong values. Please visit our website http://www.lfanet.org/ for more information about us.