Teacher – Fifth-Grade STEAM
FLSA Classification: Full time, exempt position
Term of Position: Job begins August 2017
Reports To: Director of Lower School
Teach science and math integrated with technology and art to 5th grade students
San Francisco independent school seeks an outstanding fifth grade STEAM teacher. This position is for the 2017-2018 school year, beginning in late August 2017.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and teaching a challenging course of study in a developmentally-appropriate manner, with an emphasis on differentiating instruction and using assessments effectively.
- Following, developing, and enhancing existing science and math curriculum, which includes engaging students in integrated science, technology, art, and math learning through multiple modes of class activities such as in-depth investigations, innovative projects, and inquiry-based instruction.
- Creating an inclusive classroom environment through regular class meetings, supportive exchanges with students, and clear expectations for community behavior, and using the Responsive Classroom approach.
- Collaborating with other lower school teachers, educators, and specialist teachers to develop innovative curriculum, plan trips and special projects, and solve problems.
- Working in partnership with an associate teacher in planning and teaching a challenging course of study.
- Working and communicating effectively with parents in formal and informal conferences, written reports, and newsletters.
- Planning and staffing student educational trips (including overnight stay).
- Supporting and following the school policies and procedures.
- Being a positive and contributing member of the professional community.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
B.A. degree and teaching credential.
STEAM teaching experience preferable (3 years documented).
- Regularly sit, talk, run, move equipment, hear, and visually interact with students.
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
- Regularly use close and distance vision.
- Work at a desk and computer screen.
- Turn, bend, reach, and occasionally use a ladder.
- Work in a traditional climate controlled office environment and outside in both hot and cold climates.
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education, and position requirements. Medical, dental, life, and long-term disability and retirement benefits are provided. More information about the school can be found on our website at htp://www.sfbrandeis.org. The Brandeis School of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency