Abington Friends School provides an exceptional program informed by traditional Quaker values and testimonies. Abington Friends School is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school serving students from three years old through 12th grade. Rooted in Friends principles of collaborative inquiry, peaceful resolution of conflict, equality, community and integrity, AFS is an unusually vibrant and diverse learning community. More information is available at www.abingtonfriends.net.
We are currently seeking a part-time Upper School Spanish teacher, for the 2017-18 school year.
Qualifications for the position include:
- level appropriate fluency in Spanish
- experience teaching in an upper school
- demonstrated knowledge of a variety of instructional techniques
- demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- a minimum of a BA in Spanish or Education
Responsibilities for the position include but are not limited to:
- instruction of 2 sections of Spanish
- collaboration with other language teachers in Upper School and across divisions around curriculum and pedagogy
To apply, please submit a Statement of Educational Philosophy • Resume • Cover letter • List of References and / or Written Recommendation(s)
Abington Friends School is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.