American University Preparatory School (AUP) is excited to announce an opening for an Admissions Coordinator. AUP is a private, international boarding high school located in the heart of Downtown Los Angeles. Our mission is to provide our students with a collaborative and creative learning environment that focuses on building global leaders by understanding the world and changing it!
Admissions Coordinator is responsible for helping set goals and strategy, devise outside-the-box solutions to the unique marketing constraints of independent school admissions, and establish strategic partnerships with educational and corporate organizations both regionally and internationally. This person should demonstrate ease brainstorming cooperatively and creatively in a highly collaborative environment, interview and tour students/families graciously, attend and support most major admission events inside and outside normal working hours, and have the flexibility to extend hours during busy periods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the enrollment/registration process and documentation needed to
complete inquiry tracking, financial aid/scholarship packaging, and academic potential forecasting.
• Adheres to company Admissions Code of Ethics, policies and procedures.
• Communicates effectively when working with prospective, future, and current students while avoiding misrepresentation at all times.
• Works compliantly within Federal and State regulations.
• Has previous knowledge of SEVP/SEVIS procedures as a DSO/PDSO.
• Contacts prospective students by telephone, email, or text message to schedule appointments for interviews.
• Provides superior customer service when interacting with prospective students on the phone, in writing, by email, text message, and/or in person.
• Assists and discusses the benefits of an AUP education with prospective students.
• Follows-up with prospective students in a timely manner to ensure all obstacles have been addressed and the prospective student has a positive experience.
• Completes follow-up activities with enrolled students.
• Produces personally developed inquiries and helps increase AUP referrals.
• Ensures a positive work environment that puts the needs of the student first while fostering a team-oriented approach in coordinating student needs with other departments.
• Accurately forecasts new incoming students in order to assist in planning for school capacity.
• Takes part in school events.
• Inputs all activity into a database management system in a timely and accurate manner.
• Actively participates in training and development as needed both in a group and individually.
• Submits required reports and projects in a timely manner. Maintains and organizes inquiries and enrollment/admissions paperwork.
• Represents AUP accurately and upholds Company values at off-site events.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Possess knowledgeable of and stays current on AUP offerings.
• Demonstrates the ability to meet and exceed admissions goals in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrates the skills in facilitating and modeling a strong customer service orientation.
• Possess natural marketing instincts and aptitude, a passion for schools, and execution of marketing work and an instinctual understanding of 21st Century independent school admission marketing challenges
• Demonstrated skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, and the public.
• Ability to project a professional image in person, over the phone, and in writing.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and be a self-starter.
• Ability to focus on specific quantifiable goals for achievement.
• Possess a strong drive to achieve assigned goals.
• Ability to work within a team and be a team player.
• Demonstrated computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Recognize and act on the need for warmth, enthusiasm, honesty and patience with interested families
• Demonstrate outstanding and creative oral and written communication skills
• Possess strong people and organizational skills, familiarity with private school strengths, intuitive understanding of prospective parents' needs and expectations, exceptional common sense and judgment and openness to new ideas and innovation