Germantown Academy, a coeducational PreK-12 independent school with 1,100 students in Fort Washington, PA (suburban Philadelphia), seeks a full-time, experienced, dynamic Assistant Teacher to start in August 2017. Salary range is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Germantown Academy offers an excellent array of benefits. Please find the job description below.
The Assistant Teacher (AT) is a full time, instructional position. The AT supports the classroom Lead Teacher in planning and executing the curriculum with students. The AT should be prepared to plan and execute small group instruction with students, as well as lead whole group lessons. The AT is responsible for supporting all aspects of the program, and should be collaborative and flexible. In addition, the AT must contribute to after-school programming through coaching or leading after-school enrichment activities.
- 4 year college degree required; degree in elementary education preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong skills in using technology to support communications -google apps, Microsoft office, web-based applications
- Strong aptitude for learning educational technology to support student instruction-Ipad applications, digital media, SMART
- Strong interest in professional development
Candidates who meet these criteria should send a cover letter, resume, school transcripts, a list of at least three current references, and a digital portfolio (optional) to:
Ms. Rachel Elwood
Human Resources Director
340 Morris Road
PO Box 287
Fort Washington, PA 19034
or to: firstname.lastname@example.org