The Derryfield School seeks an experienced and dynamic Associate Director of College Counseling. This is a part-time, 10-month, position beginning August 2017; salary is competitive based on experience.
The new counselor will join a staff of one other counselor and an administrative assistant in guiding students and their families through all stages of the college search and admission process. Derryfield’s four-year, developmental approach to the process includes self-assessment and forward planning for freshmen and sophomores, and one- on-one college counseling relationships with juniors and seniors. While grounded in the philosophy of the student-centered and student-driven search for “fit,” working closely with parents is an intrinsic part of the process as well.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working individually with 20 – 25 students in each of grades eleven and twelve, and actively contributing to all office programs, presentations, and initiatives; reporting directly to the Director of College Counseling
- Developing and maintaining close professional relationships with students, parents, faculty/staff, and college admission personnel
- Writing the School Letter of Recommendation and acting as advocate for each counselee
- Potential travel to regional and national professional development conferences and to individual colleges and universities
- Serving as an academic co-advisor for approximately eight students
- Fulfilling other school duties/responsibilities deemed appropriate for the position ?
The Derryfield School is a coeducational, independent day school serving grades 6-12, inspiring bright, motivated young people to be their best and providing them with the skills and experiences needed to be valued, dynamic, confident, and purposeful members of any community.
Salary for this position will be competitive for similar positions for day schools in New England. For information about the school, please visit our website at www.derryfield.org. EOE.