Maker Space Coordinator
Thayer Academy is in the process of designing and building a Middle School Maker Space to open in September 2017. The Coordinator of the Library Makerspace Center manages, develops and delivers innovative maker programming within the creative engineering Makerspace in support of the Academy's Mission. The coordinator is a pioneering and imaginative teacher who will collaborate directly with faculty and students to apply design thinking principles across the middle school curriculum. Reports to the Middle School Director.
- Collaborates with faculty in integrating Design Thinking, Video, Making, Coding, and Robotics into existing curriculum through workshops, seminars, one-on-one sessions, co–teaching and student projects in the Library Maker Space.
- Instructs faculty and students on programming and production topics such as video, photo, 3D modeling, laser and vinyl cutters, electronics, and word working.
- Mentors middle school students in designing and implementing their experiential maker projects.
- Creates and manages making projects and timelines for the Library Makerspace including, calendar of events, program activities, professional development and annual Maker Space Fair.
- Teaches the Makerspace Elective Curriculum.
- Researches, recommends, manages and implements the necessary equipment, furnishings and software as related to the Library Maker Space.
- Conveys the Library Maker Space projects thru an online presence and conference presentations.
- Develops policies and procedures for safe use of tools and materials in the Library Maker Space.
- Identifies and reports outcomes in Makerspace Library program and makes improvements to enhance growth & integration.
- Collaborates with Thayer’s technology committee members, other global individuals and organizations participating in the Maker movement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by MS Director
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering Technology and/or education
- Relevant or transferable experience