Andrews Osborne Academy seeks candidates for a Lower School Spanish teacher. This is a full time position beginning in August 2017. Candidates should possess the ability to build and maintain a strong Spanish program for the school.
AOA is an extraordinary school, known throughout the region for offering a community built upon deep and meaningful relationships between and among teachers, students, families, and staff, and for developing a superlative educational paradigm. That paradigm is invested in two deeply held beliefs - that students need to think critically AND creatively, and, that knowledge is deepened through plurality. An AOA education empowers students to develop into empathic and caring global citizens capable of leading the way into a dynamic future.
Responsibilities include primarily a Lower School teaching load but could include a Middle or Upper School course. A bachelor’s degree in the Spanish language is necessary; a master’s degree is preferred. We are looking for an innovative candidate with mastery of the Spanish language, plus the ability to lead and grow the department. The ideal candidate is a passionate and skillful educator, who is eager to invest her/his talents in our Spanish programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach courses of Spanish in the Lower School (Pre K-5) with the possibility of teaching a Middle or Upper School course
- Implement Spanish curriculum
- Attend faculty meetings as needed
- Perform duties as assigned by Director and Head of School
- Fulfill all other faculty responsibilities that may occur outside the school day, including writing reports and planning
- A love for teaching children
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior teaching experience required
- Demonstrate a high level of Spanish mastery
- Ability to work in a collegial and highly collaborative environment
- A growth mindset, active sense of humor, warm personality, and excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as on a team.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills - accomplished oral and written communication skills.
Email a letter of interest, statement of educational philosophy, contact information of three references and an updated resume to:
Lower School Director
38588 Mentor Ave.
Willoughby, Ohio 44094
No phone inquiries please