Ethical Culture School seeks a passionate, energetic and creative Math Specialist. Candidates should be experienced in progressive pedagogical approaches to teaching mathematics and should have a commitment to the principles of our mission: progressive education, academic excellence, ethical learning and diversity.
The Math Specialist reports to the Assistant Principal, and works collaboratively to develop and implement math curriculum with the math team, which includes other math specialists, and classroom teachers. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out a rigorous math program, which challenges our students in the grades that s/he supports.
- Plans lessons with teachers
- Models classroom lessons
- Teaches classroom lessons in collaboration with classroom teachers
- Differentiates instruction
- Assesses student learning
- Co-creates and differentiates homework
- Leads grade level meetings
- Supports teachers with the understanding of pedagogy and math content knowledge
- Co-develops and implements curriculum
- Co-plans and implements teacher and parent workshops
- Supports the after school mathematics program