World Leadership School is a small team of committed individuals. Together, we help schools transform learning and create next-generation leaders through a strategic combination of immersive student travel, educator development, and consulting with our partner schools. Our “whole school approach” includes:
Collaborative Leadership Programs
For students, our Collaborative Leadership Programs offer life-changing experiences where students learn about global issues and leadership. In these 10-21 day programs, students from different cultures learn and work together at a rural partner community in Africa, Asia, Latin America, or the U.S. We offer three types of Collaborative Leadership Programs: School-to-School Partnership, NGO Partnership, and TabLab Partnership.
For teachers, our Educator Development services offer new perspectives on teaching. These include life-changing Faculty Travel Programs, In-Service Workshops, and the Virtual Teacher Institute (VTI), where teachers receive yearlong, one-on-one coaching. The VTI helps teachers shift mindsets as they tackle new projects such as designing and teaching a new capstone course or implementing Project-Based Learning units. These projects become showcases to help accelerate change at the school.
For administrators, we offer Consulting on strategic planning, curriculum design, and risk management. We support administrative teams as they design global diploma programs, leadership programs, school-wide events, and capstone projects that integrate global collaboration and discovery. We also help schools train their program leaders and understand how to manage the risks of off-campus programs.
TabLab is a two-year program that combines the power of teacher trainers, leveled professional development curriculum, and tablet technology. Our mission is to partner with rural schools to transform teaching and learning. Our vision is to improve educational equity for 250 million children, and their teachers, around the world. For more information, see www.tablabeducation.org
Note: This is a multi-faceted position and tasks vary on a daily basis, including ones not on this list.
- Provide support and assistance to the Executive Director in all aspects of program coordination for WLS student travel programs;
- Serve as a point of contact for faculty and administration from the on-boarding process to program completion;
- Invoice schools travel programs and other WLS services;
- Track school payments through the online payment tracking system;
- Conduct instructor and coordinator debriefs and make program recommendations;
- Recruit and interview potential program Instructors;
- Manage and coordinate annual instructor training weekend;
- Grown and foster new school partnerships;
- Manage WLS social networking strategy and maintain alumni network;
- Strategizing and implementing our marketing and PR plan, including staying on budget and on deadline;
- Coordinate WLS e-newsletter;