St. Anne School, a private Catholic School in Laguna Niguel, is seeking an exceptional on call substitute Teacher for Grades K thru 8th grade. A valid teaching credential along with a minimum of two years teaching assistant experience is preferable. We are looking for a talented, creative, hard-working, team player with a broad-range of artistic skills, along with an appreciation of developmental characteristics of elementary school students to join our strong faculty.
- Act as a role model of professionalism in a Catholic environment.
- Support the philosophy, policies, goals of the school, as well as the decisions made by Board of Directors and Administrators.
- Insure the health, safety and welfare of all students.
- Hold in strict confidence all matters pertaining to school.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the Parent/Student Handbook and Employee Handbook
- Attends faculty and administrative meetings as needed.
The Daily Substitute Teacher will assist teach in the classroom environment and the assistant will be assigned class or program from Kindergarten through Eighth Grade. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assisting in planning and implementing the daily program under the direction of the teacher.
- Assisting in planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up interest centers, and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- Insure a positive environment where each student is encouraged to reach his/her potential and to take risk.
- Provide lunch/playground/carpool supervision as assigned.
- Maintaining professional attitudes to the school at all times.
- Treating children with dignity and respect.
- Adhere to a professional dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Maintain a professional attitude with students, parents, and other staff members.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of two years teaching assistant experience is preferred
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university, with an interested in a teaching a career
- Teaching credential preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard classroom setting.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Hours: Ten-Month, on call, Non-exempt employee, 7:30 am - 3:30 pm typically day
Reports to: Teacher, under the direction of the Principal
This is a temporary on call non-exempt position. Pay a daily rate of $100. Please send cover letter, resume, and references to the Director of Human Resources, Melissa Vergara at email@example.com.