Middle School (Grades 5-8) Math Teacher
Open Window School seeks a creative, dynamic, and collaborative full-time Middle School Math Teacher for the 2017-18 school-year. You will teach fifth through eighth grade classes using the Prentice Hall textbook series and supplement it with material from The Art of Problem Solving. You will combine traditional math instruction with interdisciplinary STEM activities. Each member of the three person middle school math team teaches one class per grade, and offers courses ranging from Foundations 1 (Prentice Hall Course 1) through Algebra II.
Strong candidates will have:
- Relevant teaching experience
- A valid teaching certificate
- Background working with gifted students
A successful teacher will have a proven history of:
- Inspiring bright students with a creative and innovative curriculum
- Understanding of and appreciation for the developmental needs of adolescents
- Experience in the use of technology for instruction
- Creativity, differentiation, and acceleration with a defined yet flexible curriculum
- Working with small class sizes of less than 20 students, typically 10-15 students
Open Window Math teachers need to:
- Teach up through high school level Geometry
- Lead one of the math related after school activities or clubs
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Participate in weekly department/faculty meetings, and some evening and overnight activities
- Lead a middle school advisory group
- Teach and/or supervise student-led elective classes
Open Window School is the only Eastside independent school dedicated to meeting the needs of gifted children. We provide a nurturing, stimulating environment where children are supported emotionally and socially as well as intellectually and academically. Our middle school division serves over 120 students, with a total K-8 enrollment of 320 students.
Our teachers enjoy a competitive salary based on the Bellevue Public School District. This position is eligible for full-time benefits, including school provided medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage. Eligible employees also have the chance to make pretax contributions to the 403(b) retirement savings plan and flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care expenses. The school is not easily accessible by public transportation.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. For more information about our school, visit www.openwindowschool.org.
Please email your resume and cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications. Three to five professional references will be requested during the interview process.
Email – Jobs@OWS.org
Subject Line: MS Math – “last name”
Open Window School does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national or ethnic origin, or other status legally protected by local, state, or federal law. We urge minority applicants and applicants with non-traditional backgrounds to