Founded in 1944, Hoff-Barthelson Music School is one of the nation’s premier community music schools with an unsurpassed reputation for excellence. The School serves more than 1,500 students from 50 municipalities in Westchester County and Lower Connecticut. The 70-member faculty comprises many of Greater New York City’s most distinguished artist-educators.
Hoff-Barthelson’s comprehensive program includes individualized instruction in both classical music and jazz; a sequential musicianship curriculum encompassing music theory, ear training, composition, music history, and music technology; a four-tiered orchestral pyramid; three choirs; masterclasses by world renowned artists; over 30 chamber ensembles; student performance workshops, recitals and concerts; a robust Suzuki program; Dalcroze Eurhythmics; early childhood music and movement classes; outreach programs; and a five-week summer music, art and theater program.
Frequent solo and ensemble performance opportunities in a warm, familial setting are hallmarks of the School's educational philosophy and are integral parts of the curriculum. This warmth, combined with the highest pedagogical standards, make HBMS an exceptional environment for people of all ages and abilities.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, and working closely with the Dean, the Registrar ensures that faculty, families and students are provided with the highest level of service in regards to registration and scheduling. S/he works to resolve and answer all inquiries with respect to general school information and registration; supervises the Assistant Registrar and other staff involved registration and scheduling; and works closely with senior management and marketing staff to achieve high enrollment levels.
Salary and benefits are offered commensurate with experience.
• Maintain all course offerings and schedules in collaboration with the Executive Director and Deans.
• Manage enrollment and re-enrollment processes for all divisions including Early Childhood, Suzuki, K-12, Adult, and Summer Arts.
• Maintain and ensure the accuracy of student records.
• Maintain faculty and room schedules.
• Confirm all class and studio rosters and attendance records; update registration system as appropriate.
• Support Deans in placement and scheduling of new students; transmit information on new students to appropriate faculty.
• Oversee the scheduling of make-up lessons and work with faculty, families and students to resolve issues related to absences, scheduling conflicts and other faculty-student issues.
• Enforce and monitor attendance policies and submit all lesson confirmations to payroll.
• Prepare statistical reports.
• Manage relationship with registration software support team to resolve issues.
• Maintain legacy system (ACCESS) as resource for archived information.
• Supervise Assistant Registrar and other staff supporting registration and scheduling.
• Other duties as assigned.
Please send cover letter and résumé to Bill Wagner at email@example.com by May 31st, 2017. Reference Registrar in the subject line. No phone calls please.