FLSA Classification: 100% FTE, non-exempt position, M-F work schedule
Reports To: Director of Lower School
Position Purpose: Assist general and Judaic studies teachers
The Brandeis School of San Francisco inspires students to lead lives of learning and purpose. We provide a challenging academic environment and a welcoming, inclusive community, each deeply enriched by Jewish thought, values, and traditions. We are seeking an outstanding resident teacher for our students. This position is for the 2017-2018 school year and begins in late August.
The Teacher Residency Program at The Brandeis School of San Francisco allows new and experienced teachers to develop their teaching skills through hands-on experience in the classroom under the guidance of mentor teachers. The resident-mentor relationship fosters a community of intellectual curiosity and expansion in which all teachers can learn from one another through collaboration, discussion, and reflection.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting both the general studies and Judaic studies/Hebrew teachers in planning, teaching, and general classroom management.
- Accepting, supporting, and adopting the curriculum, disciplinary procedures, and general classroom style and atmosphere established by the teacher.
- Assuming responsibility, as directed by the teacher, for classroom setup, units of instruction, and both individual and group instruction.
- Assuming responsibility—along with other faculty—for specified duties, which include lunch and recess duty, dismissal times, helping with special projects and events, and contributing to the general care and maintenance of the classrooms, faculty lounge, and community spaces.
- Entering into all aspects of the day with a growth-mindset and willingness to learn.
Resident Teachers Expectations
- Supporting and assisting the teacher in setting up the classroom and cleaning up the classroom as needed.
- Assembling and installing displays of student work.
- Attending work days and professional development days prior to the start of the school year and throughout the school year.
- Attending weekly faculty meetings and team meetings during and after school.
- Attending various all-school functions throughout the year including Back to School Night, parent-teacher conferences, evening workshops, trustee-faculty events, faculty retreats, etc.
- Supporting and assisting the teacher, as requested, in the preparation of progress reports, parent-teacher conferences, classroom open houses, etc.
- Supporting and following the school's policies and procedures.
- B.A. or equivalent.
- Enrolled in a teaching credential program, preferred.
- Ability to step in where needed at the school.
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate love and affection for children, and have a ready smile and encouraging words.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all constituents in a school environment.
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education, and position requirements. Medical, dental, life, and long-term disability and retirement benefits are provided. More information about the school can be found on our website at http://www.sfbrandeis.org. The Brandeis School of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Instructions for Applying
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No telephone calls please.
The Brandeis School of San Franciscobelieves that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency