The Wellington School is accepting applications for an experienced, dynamic, full-time early childhood learning guide for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The learning guide at The Wellington School plays an essential role in the differentiated instructional program. The ability to document progress, lead small group instruction, and step in for the lead teacher is imperative. The qualities of collaboration, commitment, discretion, and patience with children are necessary for the educator in this position. The learning guide must be able to take initiative while also maintain a very collaborative relationship with the lead teacher(s) and the grade-level team. Each learning guide is expected to be a caring professional, who is enthusiastic, a self-starter, and an independent worker. The learning guide is a part of a vibrant lower school team, reports directly to teacher(s) to whom he/she is assigned, and is under the supervision of the head of lower school.
Primary responsibility for classroom organization, instruction, discipline, communication with parents, or curriculum design is the responsibility of the lead teacher. The learning guide:
- Facilitates student academic and social learning one-on-one or in small/large groups
- Serves as an extension of the lead teacher
- Provides assistance during large group time
- Collaborates with the lead teacher and grade-level team in lesson preparation
- Assists with differentiated instruction through student assessment
- Supervises students throughout the day
- Assumes the role of lead teacher when necessary
- Skillfully facilitate the academic, social, and emotional learning of very young children