Leave Replacement: May 2017-February 2018
WHY WORK AT AVENUES?
Avenues: The World School, with a campus in New York City and another opening in Sao Paulo in 2018, is seeking an Assistant Director of Admissions in NYC who will engage families applying for Grades 5-8 and guide them through the admissions process. This position covers for a maternity leave and is scheduled to conclude at the end of February 2018, at the conclusion of the regular admissions season. This position reports to the Director of Admissions for the NY campus and will be part of an experienced and professional admissions team.
WHO ARE WE?
Avenues is a highly innovative Nursery-12 school that offers a global education. Avenues will open its second campus in 2018 in Sao Paulo, Brazil and will open additional campuses in the world’s leading cities in the coming years. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As an Assistant Director of Admissions, you will:
- Ensure that prospective students and families are well-matched with Avenues, by understanding applicants deeply and guiding them through the process, and advocating for them at Admissions Committee.
- Convey the unique value of an Avenues education in nuanced, accurate, and compelling ways that are tailored to each family’s interests. Avenues has several channels through which we communicate with prospective families, including information events. The Assistant Director is a key player at these events.
- Create a unique yield strategy for each student offered admission and their parents, targeting the unique benefits of an Avenues education that will resonate with each family. You will do this collaboration with the admissions team, the 9-12 faculty and leadership, and the resources of the Creative Team.
- Build a special, diverse community of families and children who are invested in Avenues and excited to be part of a young, innovative new school.
- Partner with the Faculty and Staff by fully engaging and forging relationships with the Middle Grades deans, faculty, and staff in support of recruitment.
- Make every family feel cared for and respected, regardless of the varied outcomes of the admissions process.
- Successfully manage the application process with families, ensuring the timely and complete submission of application materials by stated deadlines, following up with families and schools as necessary.