Title: Faculty Associate
Reports to: Director of Personalized Learning
FLSA Status: Exempt
When Needed: 2017 – 18 Academic Year
“I’ve never felt so empowered.”
Are you a dynamic, highly motivated professional that embraces innovation and longs to be part of a school that encourages thoughtful risk-taking, is open to new approaches, and is committed to your professional development?
If so, we have the perfect role for you!
We are seeking a talented, compassionate, and dynamic Faculty Associate committed to our mission of developing responsible citizens of a global society. This represents a remarkable opportunity! We’re looking for someone who can work effectively independently as well as part of a team. We need a leader who understands best practices in personalized learning, and who is passionate about working with students from preschool through 8th grade. If that sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! You will support students, parents, and other community members in realizing our Guiding Principles and will abide by our Framework for Professional Standards.
Who We Are
- Preschool – Eighth Grade
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Robust Benefits Package
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Extraordinary Work Environment
St. Thomas School, one of the oldest independent schools on the east side of Lake Washington, is defined by a cognitively rigorous program with an emphasis on developing character, leadership, and a passion for learning and achievement. STS is a recognized leader in developing the whole student. Our core values include gratitude, responsibility, respect, courage, integrity, tolerance, compassion, perseverance, and generosity. STS serves over 300 students and boasts a 55,000 sq. ft. LEED Gold certified campus.
Faculty Associates (2) play a supportive, but integral role in personalizing learning at St. Thomas School. Faculty Associates create lessons and deliver direct instruction to flexible learning groups inside St. Thomas School classrooms, under the guidance and mentorship of the Director of the Center for Personalized Learning. Faculty Associates also help write, adjust, and update Personalized Learning Plans for our students. Faculty Associates support students, parents, and other community members in realizing our Guiding Principles, and abide by our Framework for Professional Standards.
- Participates in training with the Director of the Center for Personalized Learning prior to the start of regular August professional development, and across the year
- Teaches flexible, small groups of students from preschool through 8th grade, meeting students’ strengths, interests, and needs in reading, writing, and math
- Administers, score and analyze data from triannual student assessment periods, in partnership with the Director of the Center for Personalized Learning and grade-level teaching teams; this data serves as a foundation for small group instruction
- Writes, adjusts, and updates Personalized Learning Plans for students, in partnership with the Director of the Center for Personalized Learning
- Performs duties, during school and after school, including assigned and fill-ins
- Stays abreast of current trends and best practices in specific instruction in reading, writing, and math
- Vigorously engages in his/her own professional development
- Establishes and cultivates community relations by maintaining open and candid dialogue with all of the school’s constituencies
- Is familiar with and complies with all policies and regulations as put forth in the school’s documents
- Since safety and security are everyone’s responsibility, takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, faculty, staff, equipment, materials and facilities
- Performs other duties as assigned