The Director of Athletics is responsible for the creation, oversight, enhancement, and management of the school’s athletic program and aligning the program with the school’s mission, vision, and culture. The Director ensures that the program offers excellent physical education, quality athletic performance, and a myriad of team and recreational opportunities for student participation with an emphasis on education and good sportsmanship. This position works collaboratively with other school administration members to support students, encourage parent and alumni engagement, educate and energize prospective students interested in athletic participation, and promote Gann Academy.
The Director of Athletics will be an experienced, positive, and energetic educator and leader. The ideal candidate:
· Is knowledgeable in best practices in athletics, health, wellness, and education;
· Possesses excellent skills in: written and oral communication, logistics management, and program organization;
· Possesses an innovative, entrepreneurial, and creative spirit to create and maintain a vision for the athletic program;
· Has demonstrated leadership, organizational, strategic, and management skills along with outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability and patience to lead, motivate, inspire, and
build trust among students, parents, faculty, staff, and community members;
· Is a relationship builder;
· Possesses successful athletic leadership skills in hiring, supporting, and mentoring coaches;
· Exhibits reflective thinking and a willingness to examine and grow his/her own practice;
· Has experience and enjoyment with working with students in a school environment; possesses a general knowledge of adolescent cognitive, moral, and social-emotional development.
Send resume and cover letter to HR@gannacademy.org.