Collingwood School, a progressive co-ed independent day school in beautiful West Vancouver, is seeking a full time Individualized Education Coordinator for our Grade 8-12 campus. The IEP Coordinator is the primary advocate for all students with psychoeducational assessments or Individual Educational Plans.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, flexible, collaborative, and inspirational educator who is looking to become a part of a vibrant teaching and learning community. This highly motivated individual will be the front line representative for all mainstream students who have Individualized Education Plans at the Morven campus; this includes creating IEPs, facilitating parent and student meetings and monitoring student progress. The successful candidate will also teach two classes.
The following assets and qualifications are desirable:
- B.Ed in secondary education with teaching experience at the secondary level
- Master’s Degree or Diploma in Special Education or experience working in Special Education programs
- The ability to read and interpret psychoeducational assessments and to create an Individualized Education Plan and monitor student progress.
- Experienced in in differentiating instruction and assessment, as well as teaching learning strategies to support executive functioning and academic skills.
- Excellent management, organizational, interpersonal and relationship skills
- Experience with applying for and facilitating accommodations from the College Board for the SAT, the PSAT and AP exams as the S.S.D coordinator.
- Experience with applying for and facilitating accommodations for the A.C.T for students on I.E.P’s.
- Experience with coordinating and overseeing an AP program.
Potential candidates must be certified, or be in the process of becoming certified, by the British Columbia Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch. Letters of application, accompanied by a resume, and the names of two referees, MUST be received by May 22, 2017.
To apply to this job, register or log into your account at http://collingwood.simplication.com. Do a job search, click on the job you are interested in, and click the apply button. You will receive a confirmation email and the job will be listed in your 'job application log' once you have applied successfully. If you have any questions re: Simplication call 1-877-900-5627.
Inquiries about this position should be directed to Jennifer Dousett at email@example.com.