Reports to: Director of Admissions
Position Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
The Marin School, an independent college-preparatory high school in San Rafael, California, seeks a full-time Assistant Director of Admissions.
The Marin School currently serves 100 students in grades 9-12 with the goal to grow enrollment over the next 3 years. We honor each student's unique learning style and act in accordance with an unshakable belief in the potential of each and every student. Our motto is "Small School. Big Impact." Class size at the school is small by design (7-10 students), to allow teachers to fully understand their students and give teachers the ability to personalize their instruction with experiential learning, innovative lessons and non-traditional, yet effective, learning opportunities.
The Marin School faculty and staff are made up of passionate, skilled, motivated, inspiring people who love what they do. We wholeheartedly believe in each student's unique potential and seek employees who are equipped with the experience, talent, tools, skill and enthusiasm to be a productive member of our community.
- Assists the Director of Admissions with processing and maintaining accurate and complete admission records from initial inquiry to enrollment
- Responds to inquiries and assists the Director of Admissions in conducting tours for prospective families and follows through with those families—from point of inquiry through matriculation
- Directs the Shadow Visit Program and Student Ambassador Program
- Processes frequent mailings, letters, forms, and invitations
- Maintains a database of inquiries, tours, applications, and enrollments
- Processes applications, creates and manages applicant files, ensuring deadlines are met, and all necessary materials are received in a timely manner
- Handles scheduling and administration of admission interviews, and activity/class/campus visits
- Assists the Director of Admissions with organizing such events as Open House and parent receptions
- Assists with re-enrollment process through mailing of contracts and frequent follow-up with pending re-enrollments
- Collaborates with Communications and Marketing Department to assist in recruitment and yield
- Completes other projects or assignments as may be necessary from time
The position will begin on July 5, 2017
Please send cover letter, resume and contact information for four references to email@example.com. EEO. No phone calls please.