Reports to: Director of Development
Position Status: 50% of full-time, 10 months a year, Non-Exempt
The Marin School, an independent college-preparatory high school in San Rafael, California, seeks a part-time Assistant Director of Development.
The Marin School currently serves 100 students in grades 9-12 with the goal to grow enrollment over the next 3 years. We honor each student's unique learning style and act in accordance with an unshakable belief in the potential of each and every student. Our motto is "Small School. Big Impact." Class size at the school is small by design (7-10 students), to allow teachers to fully understand their students and give teachers the ability to personalize their instruction with experiential learning, innovative lessons and non-traditional, yet effective, learning opportunities.
The Marin School faculty and staff are made up of passionate, skilled, motivated, inspiring people who love what they do. We wholeheartedly believe in each student's unique potential and seek employees who are equipped with the experience, talent, tools, skill and enthusiasm to be a productive member of our community.
- Assists with all development events and activities by generating guest lists, participating in setup and clean-up, and attending events.
- Maintaining database
- Ensures gifts are processed in a timely manner and donors are receipted and acknowledged accordingly
- Works with committees, volunteers, and other professional support staff
- Responsible for all aspects of alumni relations.
- Other duties as indicated by the Director of Development
The position will begin on August 1, 2017
Please send cover letter, resume and contact information for four references to firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO. No phone calls please.