About The Nueva School
The Nueva School, an internationally recognized, nonprofit, independent day school, has served gifted and talented learners since 1967. Today, Nueva serves over 800 students PreK-12 and expects to grow to over 950 students in the next few years. Nueva is located in the neighboring towns of Hillsborough and San Mateo, equidistant between San Francisco and Silicon Valley, serving six different counties throughout the Bay Area of Northern California.
A constructivist school, Nueva is known for its distinctive inquiry-based interdisciplinary studies, project-based learning, and pioneering work in social-emotional learning and design thinking. The Nueva community instills a passion for lifelong learning, fosters social and emotional acuity, and develops the imaginative mind. Our school has received the US Department of Education National Blue Ribbon Award and the American Institute of Architects Award for School Design and Sustainability, has been recognized as an Apple Distinguished Program and appointed an Ashoka Changemaker School, co-founded the Common Ground Speaker Series, hosts the biennial Innovative Learning Conference, and was highlighted by the Pulitzer Prize–winning and New York Times best-selling author Thomas Friedman in his book That Used to Be Us in the chapter “Average Is Over.”
The Assistant Director of Admissions is responsible for supporting the admissions process and procedures and serves as an administrative support to the Admissions Office. He/She provides appropriate and accurate information to applicant parents, interested educators, and faculty and staff. This position will support both the middle and upper school programs/campuses. He/She will be required to travel between campuses as scheduled. Some evening and weekend hours for events are required.
The Assistant Director of Admissions reports to the Director of Admissions and works closely with the Associate Directors of Admissions and the entire admissions team.
- Support the admissions process and procedures.
- Provide appropriate, accurate, and timely information to applicant families and interested educators.
- Provide accurate and timely information to the staff and faculty.
- Support appointment scheduling for student and parent visits/interviews/testing.
- Accompany and/or lead parent and/or student tours/information sessions.
- Conduct parent and/or student interviews.
- Work as the liaison with the Communications Department – oversee special projects with communications as needed.
- Participate in/lead on-site activity sessions and visits.
- Participate/lead in Admissions Committees.
- Manage and co-lead the Student Ambassador Program.
- Prepare applicants’ folders for admission committee members.
- Maintain accurate database of applicant information.
- Update and input admissions information, data, and stats.
- Maintain accurate and complete current and inactive student files.
- Assist in management of the parent volunteer program.
- Assist in coordination and implementation of outreach events.
- Plan and execute, summer, fall, and spring outreach to “feeder” schools and programs.
- Work with consulting psychologists (PK-8).
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
Terms & Compensation:
Compensation commensurate with experience
Please note the position title in the subject heading, and email cover letter, resume, start availability, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.