ABOUT THE JOB:
Established in 1946, Magen David Yeshivah is a private co-ed Jewish day school that has since produced countless successful industry professionals, lawyers, physicians, rabbis, and teachers, as well as prominent leaders at the helm of numerous organizations. The growth rate of applicants to MDY is explosive, as our community recognizes the value and merit of our creative initiatives.
We are looking for a Special Education Teacher (Grades 1-5) for the 2017 – 2018 school year at our Brooklyn school.
In a classroom environment, plan and supervise a warm, nurturing developmentally appropriate environment for the development of the whole child while practicing Magen David Yeshivah’s high level of care and educational standards.
Address a range of learning styles and needs. Work with students and families in order to help them realize their true potential offering instruction in areas of auditory processing, expressive language, receptive language, reading, working memory, attention, and executive functioning.
- Head Teacher will design and maintain a classroom environment that facilities active, hands-on learning, group management, self-expression and choice, and inclusion of all children, parents, volunteers and staff.
- Evaluates and maintains standards of student behavior for a productive learning environment during class sessions and field trips.
- Communicates with parents and school counselors on student progress.
- Evaluates each student’s growth in knowledge and skills in the course being taught.
- Participates in various student and parent activities which occur in school including PTA and student clubs.
- MA (MS) in Special Education
- Minimum : 1 year teaching experience as a lead teacher
- Need to be licensed and/or certified in Special Education
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch. MDY is committed to an inclusive faculty therefore candidates from diverse backgrounds who want to make a real impact on the future of education are encouraged to apply.