Job Title: Manager of Annual and Alumni Programs
Position Title: Manager of Annual and Alumni Programs
Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer
Job Category: Professional
FLSA: Exempt, Administrative
FTE: 1.0; year-round position
Current Date: May 2017
General Summary: Develops, manages, and cultivates relationships with University School of Milwaukee (USM) alumni and parents of alumni with the objective of engaging them more deeply in the life of the School, and moving them to greater participation in USM’s Culture of Generosity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops a working knowledge of USM and its funding priorities, to be able to articulate a compelling case for support to all constituents.
- Develops and executes new strategies for soliciting graduates of the last 20 years (young alumni) for unrestricted annual support.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards all USM stakeholders, seeking gifts for the USM Fund (annual fund), and focusing largely on young alumni.
- Manages a portfolio of current and prospective donors to the USM Fund and solicits gifts through face to face meetings both locally and nationally. (Goal to directly raise $300,000 in new gifts for the USM Fund)
- Identifies donors capable of making larger USM Fund gifts ($1,000+ annually).
- Identifies donors capable of making major gifts ($50,000 and up), and facilitates introduction of those donors to the Director of Major and Planned Gifts.
- Recruits, motivates, and coordinates the work of young alumni class agents through regular communication.
- Collaborates with staff, faculty and volunteers to develop and maintain innovative alumni programming.
- Plans and implements calendar of alumni events and activities, including Alumni Reunion Weekend and other Alumni events locally and nationally.
- Employs an effective mix of communication vehicles, including e-mail, direct mail, social media and telephone to meet goals and to build a sustainable pipeline of annual support in partnership with the Marketing and Communications team.
- Assists with other elements of the USM Fund, and alumni and parent relations, as needed.
- Provides support to other colleagues in the Advancement Department, specifically the Director of Annual Programs and the Director of Major and Planned Gifts.
- Assumes other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communicator
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10 days per month
- A high level of integrity, warmth, confidence, and positive attitude
- Understanding of fundraising software and database management, with Raiser’s Edge experience highly valued.
- Ability to work evening and weekend work as necessary
- Ability to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle, and insurance
- Strong interpersonal skills; capable of using tact and diplomacy in dealing with others
- High level of maturity, confidentiality, and assertiveness
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and maintain positive professional relationships, and the ability to work with other Advancement Office team members and all levels of volunteers and staff at the school
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong degree of self- direction and motivation; ability to constantly search for new ideas
- Ability to provide excellent customer service