• Initiates, facilitates, and moderates classroom activities.
• Evaluates and grades students’ class work, assignments, and papers.
• Prepares course materials such as homework assignments, Integrated Performance Assessments/thematic units, and presentations.
• Maintains student attendance records, grades, and written feedback on graded assignments.
• Plans how to deliver course content, creates materials, and employs varied measures of instruction.
• Collaborates with French, Spanish, and Prima Lingua teachers to create, support, and maintain parity among parallel courses.
• Compiles, administers, and grades examinations.
• Maintains contact with students and parents with regular communication and regularly scheduled evaluations.
• Keeps abreast of developments in their field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional development.
• Develops and participates in school-sponsored travel programs. • Other duties as assigned by the department chair and/or division head(s).
*This may become a full-time appointment. This position may be for one year only.