Cascades Academy is an independent PK-12 day school with 195 students located in the beautiful mountain town of Bend, Oregon. The school was founded in 2003 and resides on an award-winning 21-acre campus located on the Deschutes River. The school’s unique mission weaves challenging academics with experiential learning and actively cultivates a nurturing and inclusive school community.
The school is looking for a lower school (grades PK-5) and upper school (grades 9-12) Spanish teacher. These positions may be combined for a full-time position with benefits or filled with two part-time candidates. Each position requires the development and implementation of developmentally appropriate Spanish curriculum. A full-time position would also include other responsibilities including teaching electives or helping facilitate other programs and activities within the division.
- Fluent in Spanish. Preference given to native speakers.
- Bachelor's degree is required, Master's degree is preferred.
- A passion for Spanish language and culture.
- A passion for teaching in a creative, integrated, and innovative way.
- A commitment to ongoing learning within world language instruction and current events.
- Experience teaching Spanish at multiple levels.
- Experience developing and implementing Spanish curriculum.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other Lower and Upper School teachers.
- A commitment to experiential learning.
- A desire to be part of a vibrant, “all-in” community of students, families, and faculty/staff.
Reports to: Lower School & Upper School Head
Start Date: August 28, 2017
To apply please send a resume, cover letter, and two letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
It is the policy of Cascades Academy to provide equal employment opportunity, regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation, veteran’s status or any other status protected by applicable law. Specifically, employment opportunities are and shall be open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their experience, aptitudes, abilities and training; advancement is and shall be based on the individual’s achievement, performance, ability, attitude and potential for promotion. Minorities and persons of color are encouraged to apply.