F/T or P/T Middle School Teacher (grades 6-7)
Academic Year 2017-2018
North Bridge Academy is an independent school serving bright students with dyslexia. Our mission is to help our students close learning gaps and begin thriving at the level of their intellectual potential. We provide research-based instructional interventions, and we work daily to help our students nurture their innate strengths and abilities. North Bridge Academy (www.northbridgeacademy.org) is a non-profit school that opened in 2016 in Larkspur, CA.
The ideal candidate will be an empathetic, innovative teacher with experience managing small-class sizes. We welcome teachers who show a strong interest in deepening their knowledge of language-based learning differences and reading acquisition in neuro-diverse readers, or who have developed expertise in meeting the needs of students with dyslexia and/or executive functions weaknesses. He or she understands the importance of working proactively to understand common triggers for students with learning differences and can offer strategies and solutions that help minimize attentional and anxiety issues that can co-exist in students with these learning profiles. Preferably, this person has additional experience with project-based teaching and is able to frame essential questions in an integrated, multi-sensory manner as to encourage deeper thinking and reflection in our students.
- To maintain a climate of trust and positive regard for students
- To present content in a multi-sensory, explicit manner
- To encourage students to persist when they are frustrated by their challenges
- To assess accurately each student’s progress
- To collaborate with school teams (including Curricular Lead, Exec. Director, multi-disciplinary specialty teachers and colleagues at other grade levels as well as parents) to tailor instruction best suited for the individual needs of each child
- To show concern for and nurture the student’s intellectual, social, emotional, ethical and aesthetic development
North Bridge Academy offers:
- Competitive salaries commensurate with experience
- Medical insurance
- Team-teaching model
- Instructional coaching
- Professional development support
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume via email describing how your experience and qualifications will contribute to the position, along with your salary requirements.
Or mail to:
North Bridge Academy
110 Magnolia Avenue
Larkspur, CA 94939
North Bridge Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, disability, medical condition, religion, veteran status, marital- status or any other classification protected applicable local, state or federal laws.