Barnesville School, an accredited coeducational independent day school for 125 students (grades EC-8), is currently seeking a dynamic educator to join its faculty as a Spanish Teacher for the 2017-2018 school year. This is a full-time 10-month position. Our mission is to provide a joyful and supportive learning environment for the development of excellence in each of us. As a School of Arts & Sciences, we seek to provide meaningful cross-curricular activities across disciplines for our students. The School is a proud member of AIMS (Association of Independent Maryland Schools), and NAIS (National Association of Independent Schools).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach grades 3- 8 Spanish language and culture in immersion style with enthusiasm, creativity, and sensitivity to student learning styles
- Utilize a variety of instructional techniques, including (but not limited to) hands-on projects, dramatic performances, and cross-curricular activities
- Ensure students’ successful placement in advanced Spanish classes in secondary school
- Utilize technology for instructing students, maintaining records, communicating information to parents, and promoting student and program achievements
- Participate in curriculum development, faculty meetings, and professional growth endeavors
- Fulfill additional middle school supervisory responsibilities (such as homeroom, clubs, etc.)
We expect all faculty members to be fully engaged in the life and mission of the school, in and out of the classroom. The ability to lead or take part in enrichment classes, school committees, after school activities, athletic teams, and/or summer camp courses is desired.
The chosen candidate may have the opportunity to be involved in coordinating and directing the middle school international student exchange program.