CHARLOTTE COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL
Position Title: HVAC Technician
Department: Plant Operations
Reports To: Facilities and Operations Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented, safety conscience environment. Safety expectations include, but are not limited to, compliance with all company and customer safety policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Typically obtains work assignments from supervisor, contacts person requesting work and determines type of work required. Must be able to effectively work alone or in groups with others.
- Performs PM’s, troubleshooting, repairs, adjustments and installations to industrial and commercial air conditioning systems and refrigeration and cooling systems. Includes refrigerant recovery. Performs silver solder; sweat copper tubing; cut, thread and assemble black iron and galvanized pipe up to 3”. Includes operation and maintenance of chillers, condensers, compressors, cooling towers, package units, associated electrical, electronic and pneumatic controls, and associated piping systems; includes precision rebuild of components.
- Performs PM’s, troubleshooting, repairs and installations to building and facilities equipment; to include, but not limited to, precision millwright/mechanical work, pneumatics and piping repairs, plumbing repairs, carpentry work, electrical repairs to 600VAC and to 24VDC, cleans electrical fixtures and replaces lamps and ballasts, and performs industrial painting processes.
- Maintains records of assigned equipment and for inventory of repair supplies and materials; prepares materials requisitions for approval of supervisor as replacement needs dictate.
- Operates simple and complex industrial equipment such as forklifts, scissor lifts, basket trucks, backhoes, bobcats, etc. Utilize hand and power tools on a daily basis; includes, but not limited to, hand wrenches, pliers, hammers, hand grinders, saws, impact wrenches, hydraulic pullers, drill press, cutting torch and accessories, measuring tools, and rigging equipment.
- Must work from elevated areas such as ladders, platforms, scaffolding, etc., utilizing fall protection equipment as necessary to complete tasks.
- Assists other Trades as directed by Supervisor.
- Must have flexibility to work overtime, including weekends and holidays, and serve on an on-call basis, as may be dictated by the needs of the business.
- Position includes supporting school events. This may require working outside the technical field of HVAC to assist Plant Operations, Grounds, and School Administration with a variety of events, set-ups and potential problem solving.
Minimum Essential Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in the HVAC/R career field, with experience in commercial and residential HVAC heating and cooling equipment.
- Formal training certification from technical/industrial trade school in HVAC.
- EPA Refrigerant Certification
- Sound knowledge of supporting trades to include electrical, construction, blue-print reading.
- Knowledge/experience in HVAC controls and direct digital control systems/technology.
- Healthy teamwork mentality and focus. Ability to work well with other trades and diverse backgrounds.
- Sound communications skills in order to deal with faculty, staff, administrators and parents.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Charlotte Country Day School will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Country Day does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.