JCHS welcomes inquiries from all educators who are deeply committed to contributing their unique perspectives to the inclusive, challenging, and nurturing environment here at JCHS. JCHS provides a very competitive salary, TIAA-CREF retirement benefits, comprehensive health and vision plans, life insurance, free on-campus off-street parking, free lunch served daily in our student commons, and a collegial environment.
As a school dedicated to creating a pluralistic community, JCHS employment decisions are made on the basis of an individual's skills and qualifications and will not exclude a candidate from consideration on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
For information regarding future openings please email your contact information to email@example.com.
To view more about any open position, please click on the blue link below.
List of 4 frequently asked questions.
- DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS
- JCHS is on a path to grow enrollment over the next five years to ensure long-term sustainability based mainly on tuition. Thanks to the work of our current admissions director, Ida Gruber, JCHS has made significant progress toward this goal. As Ida relocates from San Francisco to the Peninsula (much closer to home), we are seeking an inspired and energetic professional to lead our recruitment and enrollment efforts.
JCHS is a premier learning community for high school students, which integrates deep learning, universal wisdom, and the enactment of Jewish values to empower all students to delight in lifelong learning, deepen their unique Jewish identity, and improve the world. We strive to empower students to flourish toward becoming their best selves.
Admissions Director Primary Responsibilities
Championing recruitment of students in harmony with the mission and profile of JCHS from among the diverse communities served by JCHS. This diversity includes a broad spectrum of Jewish identification and engagement; of geography from Marin, the East Bay, San Francisco, and north Peninsula; of family-system and culture; and of socio-economic setting.
Collaborating with the Marketing Director to enhance and harmonize marketing, communications, and publicity efforts at JCHS. Working closely with all stakeholders to engage their participation in the school's recruiting and retention efforts.
Professionals Thrive at JCHS Who Have
- Master’s/advanced degree or its equivalent
- Excellent record of high-level analytical skills and demonstrated ability to plan strategically and develop research-driven strategies.
- Significant experience working in a resourceful way as an administrator in a school setting
- Strong organizational, analytical, and educational-technology skills
Enthusiasm for the challenges and opportunities of JCHS’ pluralistic community, within the school and in its Bay Area setting
As a school dedicated to fostering a pluralistic outlook among our students and to creating a diverse professional community, JCHS makes employment decisions on the basis of an individual's skills and qualifications. The JCHS professional community includes diversity of many types including religious diversity. We will not exclude a candidate from consideration on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and a great work ethic balanced by a sense of humor and perspective
- Passion for learning and compassion for others
- Commitment to encouraging and nourishing others, to individual growth, and to group collaboration
Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JCHS Seeks Candidates Who Have
- Collaborating with the JCHS Director of Strategic Initiatives toward developing and implementing strategies that increase enrollment among families which can pay full or nearly full tuition. Help guide JCHS leadership and prospective families through a transition from being a school with a majority student population receiving financial support toward a school with a majority student population paying full tuition. Preparing and analyzing data about recruitment, admissions, and retention, and developing strategic responses to that information.
Setting and upholding the highest standards of excellent practice for recruitment and enrollment in harmony with the cultural and Jewish values of JCHS, which include providing a welcoming and personally engaging environment for prospective students and their families and building relationships with partner schools and other individuals and organizations that can contribute to robust enrollment.
Directing (supervising, evaluating, and encouraging) the work of other JCHS admissions professionals, ambassador parents, students, and board members toward increasing enrollment among students with potential to fulfill the school's mission.