For nearly 25 years Boulder Country Day School has been at the forefront of education in the Boulder Valley. The hallmarks of our school - Community, Character, Academic Excellence, and Small Class Sizes - are the keys to our success and allow us to create an educational experience where children innovate, create, grow and thrive. We believe our children are our future, and, to that end, we offer a broad-based liberal arts education that focuses on developing lifelong learners and responsible global citizens. The Boulder Country Day challenge, Discover Your Excellence, recognizes that excellence is teachable, personal, and can be achieved in a variety of different disciplines - academic, athletic, community service, leadership, and more. We seek to provide just the right amount of nurture, structure, and latitude to live up to this challenge.
BCD elementary school teaching responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Homeroom teacher in a K-2 elementary division;
- Provide a stimulating, creative and an appropriately challenged or appropriately differentiated educational environment, including opportunities for children to develop cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills;
- Use best practices regarding student-centered instruction, collaboration, and authentic assessment;
- Participate in ongoing training in literacy, differentiation, and other appropriate topics;
- Provide regular and thorough communication to all BCD constituencies (students, parents, and colleagues);
- Support enrollment and retention by assisting with tours, events, and other school outreach; and
- Perform other duties as directed by the Head of School.