The Bookstore Manager plans, organizes, and directs the operation of Bancroft School Bookstore on a full-time, twelve-month basis. This person is responsible for managing every facet of the store to ensure the overall successful operation of the business with minimal supervision. The bookstore manager must be reliable, self-driven, dynamic and have the ability to think like an entrepreneur, utilize superior communication skills, and be able to think outside of the box certain times of the year. The school store provides school supplies, spirit wear, and general items of interest for all members of the Bancroft community, alumnae, parents, students, and employees. In this role, the Bookstore Manager is responsible for managing student textbooks, supplies, including inventory control, sales and returns, vendor relations, related reporting. This manager will be a direct liaison to faculty, staff and administrative which will also offer maximum exposure.
- Bachelor’s degree in business preferred with at least 3 years of related retail experience
- Knowledge of retail operating principles, practices and procedures, including those of cashiering, budgeting and accounting, supervision, marketing/retailing, and inventory maintenance and control
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community
- Good organizational skills, reliable, good written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in inventory management, Excel, Word, Google Mail, and various software programs.
- Develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform the duties as described above; ability to plan and organize retail operations to meet operational objectives in accordance with School goals; ability to work effectively with both internal and external constituents, and maintain the image of the School.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and three current references to Nichole Aubin, Executive Assistant to the Head of School, firstname.lastname@example.org.