Director of Residential Life
Founded in 1870, The Webb School is a private day-boarding school in Bell Buckle, Tennessee. Students from grades 6-12 come seeking college preparatory school education in liberal arts at Webb from all over the world. With 10 Rhodes Scholars among its graduates and known by colleges and universities as a reliable producer of well-rounded, prepared students, The Webb School has a reputation of being one of the top private schools in the nation. Webb’s small school community is comprised of an average enrollment of 315 day school and boarding school students and its emphasis on honor truly creates a “Character of Home.” The 150-acre campus is located in a rural setting 50 miles southeast of Nashville. Boarding students comprise approximately one-third of the school's student population, and at present, the school enrolls students from 12 U.S. states and 12 countries.
The Webb School is seeking a charismatic, energetic, and flexible individual to fill the position of Director of Residential Life. This position will start on or around July 1, 2017, and is a year-round position.
The Director of Residential Life is responsible for all elements of the residential curriculum and the individuals who administer that curriculum. The primary objective of this position is to direct the residential life program by providing leadership to boarding students, dorm parents, faculty, and staff. There are many facets to this position including:
- Develop and implement conduct system for the residential program.
- Supervise, support and mentor faculty who will be living in the dormitories.
- Coordinate weekend permissions and organization of AOD & Team Leader materials.
- Produce Weekly Bulletin of activities.
- Assign student housing.
- Participate in the interview and selection process of new faculty.
- Assist with the revision of the Student Handbook annually based on policy and program changes.
- Supervises and Coordinates the E. E. Ford supported “Fostering Student Initiative Program”.
- Serve as administrator-on-call within weekend and weekday duty cycle.
- Teach one to two classes as assigned by the Director of Academics and serve as substitute when needed.
- Serve as an advisor to a group of students as advisees.
- Oversees and manages the budget for the program.
The residential curriculum is defined as those facets of The Webb School educational program that take place outside of the academic curriculum yet endeavor to teach members of the community about themselves, their relationship to others, and their responsibilities as members of a community. The Director of Residential Life serves on the Headmaster’s administrative team and reports to the Head of School.