The Logan School for Creative Learning is an independent K-8 school for approximately 250 gifted students who are exceptionally inquisitive and hungry for knowledge. The Logan School fosters this love of learning by providing an experience-based education that allows students to develop individually to their fullest potential. With a focus on higher levels of critical thinking, students develop a mature sense of whom they are and how they will connect with the world around them -- skills that will serve them well into the future.
Please take the time to learn about Logan through our website: www.theloganschool.org. We ask that you address your interest in our educational approach in your cover letter.
About the Position: The Logan School for Creative Learning is accepting applications for an Intermediate School Core Teacher. This teacher will work with an Associate teacher and the school’s other educators to provide a Logan educational experience for approximately 20 students in a mixed-age classroom that will likely consist of students of approximately 4th/5th grade age. Responsibilities include developing an individualized curriculum for each student and leading two extended overnight trips each year.
The ideal candidate will hold an earned college degree and will be an experienced teacher. Candidates should be familiar with the needs of gifted students, and have a strong understanding of child-centered education and the value of hands-on learning activities.
Candidates must have the skills necessary to perform the following tasks at a high level of proficiency:
- Run a classroom in a manner consistent with Logan’s philosophy.
- Plan and oversee individual student curriculum units, including coordinating individual student unit trips with unit trip teacher
- Plan and implement a class unit and other activities that provide students the opportunity to work together and to integrate subject matter
- Provide opportunities for exploration and problem solving
- Monitor academic skill levels of students
- Provide opportunities for choice
- Provide guidance in the areas of emotional and social growth
- Lead day-long and extended (overnight) field trips with the students
- Communicate with parents regarding student progress
- Communicate with non-core teachers regarding students
- Participate in faculty meetings
- Supervise a full-time Associate teacher
- Perform miscellaneous other duties, as assigned by the Head of School
Compensation: Salary is dependent on experience. The Logan School provides full benefits, including a group health plan, TIAA-CREF retirement plan, dental, life, and disability to all full-time employees.
Application Procedures: To apply, send résumé, cover letter, statement of educational philosophy, and references to Markus Hunt, Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Logan School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.