Position: Upper School Head Administrative Assistant and Front Office Coordinator
Reports to: Upper School Head
Position Type: Full-time; Non-exempt
Established in 1920, Bentley School is a K-12 coeducational, independent day school located on two campuses in Oakland and Lafayette. Bentley is an inclusive community that shares a vision of transformational learning and respect for the individual. Bentley seeks a dynamic professional to serve as Upper School Head Administrative Assistant and Front Office Coordinator. This individual will serve as a key point person for the entire Upper School community including teachers, students, parents, and administrators.
Front Office Coordinator Responsibilities
- Greet visitors to the School with a warm, welcoming presence and connect them with their hosts.
- Respond to telephone inquiries and direct incoming calls to appropriate personnel.
- Assist Upper School Registrar with daily attendance.
- Maintain a neat, organized, and welcoming front office.
- Ensure smooth operation of equipment, including service repair calls and training of faculty, staff as needed.
- Coordinate the School’s lunch program and order food for administrative meetings.
- Maintain general office supplies and inventory for the Upper School, ordering supplies and maintaining tidy supply room.
- Distribute daily mail.
- Assist staff who may need coverage or assistance.
- Support the Admissions team as needed, especially during the busy Admissions season.
- Other duties as assigned.
Upper School Head Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
- Act as a direct link and liaison between the Upper School Head and parents, faculty and staff.
- Manage Upper School Head’s calendar, arranging meetings, etc.
- Manage and process expenses for Upper School Head.
- Assist all administrative personnel as needed.
- Assist in planning and executing events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative as well as collaborate with peers.
- Dependability and strong listening skills.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Positive and pleasant approach to office management, routine and unexpected daily work.
- Competence with: Microsoft Office Suite, Google apps, Whipple Hill/Blackbaud, and other software as needed to ensure smooth office function.
- Balance rapidly changing priorities with humor and productive approach.
- Ability and desire to learn new tasks/skills and pursue professional development to expand skills.
Bentley School is an equal opportunity employer and seeks rich diversity among faculty and administration. The School offers competitive compensation and benefits.
How to Apply
Please send a letter of interest and resume, and three references to Christie Checovich at email@example.com. Include “Upper School Head Administrative Assistant and Front Office Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls please.