Summary: The Admissions Associate will be an essential partner to the Director of Admissions in welcoming families as they learn about Archer, providing day-to-day support for the admissions process, and interacting with a variety of constituents including applicant families, current students and volunteers, Faculty/Staff, feeder schools, and other sending organizations. This individual is part of an energetic, dynamic and mission-driven team that plays a key role in shaping first impressions and the ongoing experiences of families throughout the admissions process.
Nature & Scope of Duties:
Provide logistical support for admissions events and other school related events
- Event management/attendance, including limited evenings and weekends
- Communicate with prospective families through phone calls, emails and in-person conversations
- Conduct parent and student interviews
- Participate in the internal Admissions Committee to help make selection recommendations
- Manage the admissions database including knowledge of SchoolAdmin and Blackbaud; collect and process documents; facilitate online file reading
- Manage the admissions section of the School’s website
- Other duties as assigned
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit; ability to work independently and as part of a team; flexibility regarding responsibilities; perform outstanding customer service at all times
- Able to analyze problems and devise appropriate solutions, prioritize, work within tight deadlines, and exercise good judgment
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational, time management, oral and written communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy, strong presentation skills
- A good sense of humor, enthusiasm for a high-energy work environment, and collegial manner
- Warm demeanor and comfort speaking professionally to students and their parents
- High level of diplomacy and discretion when dealing with sensitive information
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required. Experience with independent schools a plus. Experience in admissions or marketing desirable.
The Archer School for Girls is an independent school dedicated to supporting and challenging young women while helping them discover their passions and realize their true potential. To learn more about the School, visit www.archer.org.
To apply please visit: www.archer.org/careers. This position is full-time and starts in June 2017.
No phone calls, please. The Archer School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.