Westminster Schools of Augusta seeks to glorify God by providing an excellent education that emphasizes academic, athletic and artistic excellence that equips students to live extraordinary lives for Jesus Christ. Westminster seeks a talented and energetic Middle School Band instructor for the 2017-18 school year. The person will instruct up to two Middle School band classes (beginning and/or intermediate levels) weekly with the possibility of teaching individual lessons.
1. A Bachelor's degree in Music
2. Strong working knowledge of beginning band repertoire and technique development activities
3. Ability to work collaboratively with Fine Arts colleagues
4. Ability to connect with students and partner with parents
5. Strong organizational skills and insights on leading a rehearsal with wide ranging talents and background skills
6. Ability to use technology in the classroom as an instructional tool
7. Ability and eagerness to lead and promote at least one performance per semester
8. High standards of professional conduct, support of the Christian mission of the school, and comfort in an independent school setting.
1. Oral Expression- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
2. Speech Recognition- The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
3. Oral Comprehension- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
4. Written Comprehension and Expression- The ability to understand and communicate information and ideas in writing so others can understand
5. Selective Attention- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
6. Vision- The ability to see details at a close range as well as at a distance.
7. Environment- The ability to work in a potentially stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
8. The ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
9. The ability to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
10. Generally works in climate controlled environment, but may be required from time to time to work outdoors in extreme conditions.
Westminster seeks faculty and staff who are passionate for our missions and embody our core values. Faculty are competent in their field and dedicated to growing and developing. They must genuinely love teaching and working with young people. Most importantly, they must love Jesus Christ and have a compelling Christian faith.
Westminster Schools of Augusta is a Pre-K through 12 regionally-accre...dited, coeducational, college- preparatory, Christian day school enrolling 625 students. The 34-acre campus is located in a residential section of Augusta, which is Georgia’s second largest metropolitan area. The school is affiliated with First Presbyterian Church of Augusta (PCA), but the student body and faculty include members from more than almost 90 different local churches of various denominations.
We offer an excellent college-preparatory program including honors and Advanced Placement options. The average SAT I score for all Westminster students taking the SAT last year was 1832. Students also enjoy opportunities for participation in clubs, athletics, the arts and various academic and artistic competitions.
We are interested in receiving inquiries from applicants with sound academic credentials who desire to work in an academically challenging environment with capable, cooperative students. Requirements include voluntary agreement with a biblically-based statement of faith and membership in a compatible Christian church. Westminster Schools of Augusta does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender or disability in its educational programs or activities, including admission or employment.