Fusion Academy is seeking an enthusiastic Director of Admissions and Outreach to join our East Lake, WA team! Are you that relentless "Can Do" attitude type with a passion for genuinely connecting and delivering extraordinary results? We have an awesome opportunity!
Target Hiring Date: March 2018
The Director of Admissions and Outreach (DAO) serves as the admissions, marketing, and outreach director for our Fusion East Lake (Washington) campus location. The DAO is both an integral part of the campus family and the school's ambassador to the community. The DAO meets extensively with educational and healthcare professionals in the community, forming new relationships and maintaining existing ones, so that Fusion is part of an extended family of resources and support. The DAO is also the initial point of contact for families inquiring about admission, and a vital contributor to on-campus events and culture. To excel in these dual missions, a DAO must be able to find multiple balances: between numbers and relationships, confidence and vulnerability, connection and autonomy, passion and compassion. Amazing Fusion DAOs are driven, creative and poised. They communicate with great clarity and empathy. They bond with students, families, staff and professionals. They know their audience and tend to impress. They hit targets and touch hearts. If this role sounds like the right sort of adventure for you, please send a letter of interest and your resume.
The ideal candidate has a clinical / counseling background, though not a pre-requisite. This is a critical consideration as much of the communication and outreach is done with professionals, therapists, counselors, social workers, and psychiatrists/psychologists in the fields of mental health and education.
Reports to Head of School
Administrative Team Member
No Direct Reports
Here's some of what you'll be doing:
· Promoting Fusion enrollment opportunities and programs to professionals such as therapists, psychiatrists, and educators in the surrounding communities, via phone calls, emails and face-to-face visits both on and off campus.
· Developing new relationships with local associations & community-based organizations and maintaining existing relationships with these groups by attending group meetings.
· Creating opportunities to bring visitors onto the Fusion campus.
· Recording and reporting key metrics through use of internal tracking systems.
· Managing a marketing, outreach and admissions budget.
· Coordinating school marketing, public relations and event management.
· Developing an annual community awareness and outreach plan.
· Coordinating a Parent Ambassador Group and organizing Parent Education Meetings.
· “Owning" the student admissions process, including initial inquiries from parents, campus tours, and ensuring a “celebrity experience" for the enrolling family.
· Utilizing Social Media outlets to post updates about the campus.
· Other duties as assigned.
Interested? We hope so. We're looking for:
· A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred)
· A background in counseling and/or education
Some of our most successful DAO's have a clinical / counseling background. This is a critical consideration as much of the communication and outreach is done with professionals, therapists, counselors, social workers, and psychiatrists/psychologists in the fields of mental health and education.
· School admissions experience (preferred)
· Marketing and/or sales experience (preferred)
· Patience and a problem-solving approach to issues
· Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Advanced skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook (preferred)
· A strong goal and results orientation
· A high level of integrity and professionalism
· Persuasive oral and advanced written communication skills
· High customer service focus
· Personal motivation and passion about achieving goals and deadlines
· Experience using a Customer Relationship Management System (preferably Salesforce)
· An ability to understand and report on goals/metrics
· Enthusiasm, Confidence, and flexibility
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type Education, Consultant, Sales
Education 4 Year Degree, preferably Marketing or clinical such as Counseling or Psychology
Experience 3- 5 years counseling or therapy experience helpful. Sales and Admissions strongly preferred.
Manages Others No
Industry Marketing - Outreach - Education - Teaching - Administration
Required Travel Up to 50% (day travel )
Salary - $55,000 - $60,000 (attractive new school and quarterly bonus opportunities available)
Location - the exact location of the campus is subject to change within this area.
About Fusion Academy:
Fusion Academy is an alternative, college-prep private school for grades 6-12 that offers class sizes as small as they come: just one student and one teacher in each private classroom. Here, the educational experience is completely customized around each student. Classes are self-paced, and the material is presented in a way that considers each student's interests, strengths, and learning style. Students may attend Fusion Academy full-time, or enroll in Fusion Learning Center tutoring, summer, and classes for credit programs as an educational supplement.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Additional Salary Information: Attractive Bonus plan available.
Internal Number: EASTLKWADAOQC01172018
About Fusion Academy (East Lake Campus)
Fusion Academy is an accredited, alternative private school for grades 6-12 that offers class sizes as small as they come: just one student and one teacher in each private classroom. Here, the educational experience is completely customized around each student. Classes are self-paced, and the material is presented in a way that considers each student’s interests, strengths, and learning style.
With just one student and one teacher in each private classroom, Fusion Academy is the ultimate in personalized education for students in grades 6-12. Our middle school and high school curriculum meets state standards, but everything from the pace of the instruction to the style of teaching is tailored to each student. Students can customize their own class schedules and begin a new semester at any time of year—even in the summer.Fusion Academy students never take their schoolwork home with them. They complete it under teacher supervision in our Homework Café® before they leave for the day. Parents and students love it!