Los Encinos School, a K-6 elementary school serving 168 students in Encino, CA is looking for a talented, and experienced elementary music specialist to work with all grades for the 2018-19 school year.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Music specialist will have an innovative and vibrant style of teaching music, will collaborate with colleagues on a specialist team to reinforce the school-wide yearly theme and students on interdisciplinary performances, and will embrace innovative music teaching strategies.
Music classes are composed of grade-level experiences twice each week. The focus is on developing an appreciation and love of music through an integrated program.
LIST OF TASKS OR DUTIES
* Works with specialist team led by the Director of Integration to plan and implement a developmentally appropriate music curriculum for individuals, small groups, and an entire classroom of children.
* Fosters engagement in creative musical independence.
* Promotes learning in the areas of academic, social-emotional, and physical development and motivates enthusiasm of children to actively participate in the learning process.
* Communicates openly with classroom teachers and specialist teammate(s) regarding shared responsibilities, delivery of music curriculum/special performances, and individual student and parent needs.
* Verbally communicates with children in a positive manner. Communicate clearly and honestly in verbal, electronic, and written form with parents, administrators, and colleagues about curriculum, children, and child development issues.
* Demonstrates professionalism through reliability, punctuality, cooperation, organization, participation in meetings, and staff development opportunities, as well as personal appearance and self-care, and maintains personal integrity and a respectful attitude in professional relationships.
* Keeps current in contemporary pedagogical thinking, strategies, and techniques through reading of professional journals and attendance at professional conferences, workshops, and courses.
* Integrates school-wide themes with classroom themes and work with the specialist coordinator and team to help students make connections in their learning across disciplines.
* Utilizes and integrates meaningful and appropriate technology within the curriculum and update classroom webpage daily.
III. SUPERVISION OF OTHERS
* Teaching assistants
OTHER WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
* All staff
* Students and parents
For more information about Los Encinos School, please visit our website at www.losencinosschool.org.
Education and Experience:
Experience teaching music in an elementary setting is preferred; A teaching credential, or Bachelors or Masters degree is required.
Los Encinos School is dedicated to excellence and promotes the principles and practices of diversity throughout our school community.