Over the past 120 years New England Kurn Hattin Homes for Children has run traditional residential and educational programs designed to support children from struggling family environments to transform their futures into more successful and functional lives. Kurn Hattin enrolls about 100 children with 20 residential staff members to support the children. Our recent completion of an ambitious strategic plan promotes a new vision of growth and development throughout the Northeast with increased visibility and enhanced services to meet the needs of our children. As a fully charitable organization, Kurn Hattin has successfully relied on development efforts to provide annual operational funds with a balanced budget and no debt.
The Mission of Kurn Hattin states that we "transform the lives of children and their families forever". The Director of Residential Services should internalize this mission, understand the historical nature of our residential program, and then move beyond the same-old same-old to exude a visionary approach to life for children. Primary work hours are during the day, but on-call responsibilities may extend into the evening and weekends. The person we desire never lets the work day circumscribe imagining and doing what is best for children.
The Director of Residential Services lives in a well-appointed house on campus to be close to the action with a competitive salary and benefits package. Come live and work in a beautiful setting with dedicated staff and children whose life situations provide profound opportunities for making transformational differences for them and their families.
* Provide a creative vision for the entire residential program and work to implement that vision
* Supervise residential staff
* Hire, train, and assign new residential staff in conjunction with the Executive Director
* Oversee children's residential behavioral situations in a PBIS model in cooperation with the school staff to administer discipline with compassion
* Assure that newly admitted children have been properly introduced and indoctrinated in the procedures of the Homes
* Plan the smooth departure of children being discharged
* Arrange for proper clearances and notifications involving visits with children and requests to take children off campus
* Handle administrative details involving requisitions, maintenance repairs, billing, record keeping, communicating with families, and preparing reports on all phases of the department's activities
* Explore new possibilities in residential education and innovate to bring them into reality
* Maintain a CDL bus driver endorsement
About New England Kurn Hattin Homes
Since 1894 Kurn Hattin Homes for Children has helped thousands of at-risk children and their families by offering a safe home and quality education in a nurturing environment. Its mission: Kurn Hattin transforms the lives of children and their families forever.