Chatsworth Hills Academy (CHA) is seeking a Head of School, with responsibilities to begin on or before July 1, 2018. CHA is located in the San Fernando Valley (Los Angeles).
The School: An Overview
Founded 40 years ago, CHA boasts a rich history and a strong community spirit that continues to thrive. Governed by a self-perpetuating Board of Trustees, CHA is a premier college-preparatory school, serving students from Preschool through 8th grade. Graduates are prepared for admission to very selective secondary schools and later matriculate into colleges/universities of similar reputation.
In 2017, CHA was authorized by the International Baccalaureate to be the first Primary Years Programme (PYP) school in the San Fernando Valley. CHA is on-schedule to be authorized for the IB's Middle Years Programme (MYP) this year. Candidates with International Baccalaureate program are preferred, but not required.
School Mission Statement
CHA is a college preparatory school whose mission is to create a community of life-long learners who collaborate effectively in the pursuit of knowledge. Our nurturing faculty facilitates experiential learning through inquiry and encourages students to pursue their passions, ask questions, and be open-minded. CHA students develop the skills of analyzing information, thinking critically, and reflecting on their learning. Guided by the shared principles of caring, tolerance, and compassion, students learn to respect themselves, one another, their environment, and discover their place within a diverse and evolving global society.
Head of School is responsible for the day-to-day operations of CHA. HOS manages a faculty and staff 26 employees. HOS reports to the Board of Trustees, who are responsible for governing the finances of the non-profit.
Please send cover letter, resume and at least three references to HOS.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Candidate: Professional Background
The next Head should possess excellent professional experience and credentials that include a strong combination of some or all of the following:
- Finance and budget experience.
- Administrative experience, including leadership experience with faculty.
- Experience working in an independent school setting.
- Experience working with parents and the community.
- Experience working with a Board of Trustees.
- Experience in curriculum development.
- Experience with increasing enrollment and building school awareness.
- Fundraising experience with active participation in development initiatives.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Advanced degree, preferably in educational administration.
NOTE: experience with the International Baccalaureate program is preferred but not required.
The Candidate: Personal Qualities
- Team builder who inspires administrators, faculty and students.
- Collaborative leadership style.
- Ability to delegate and successfully lead a team of administrators and faculty.
- An engaging and authentic individual who leads with flexibility, transparency, and the highest standards of integrity.
- Excellent communicator with superior oral communication skills.
- Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
- A naturally outgoing leader who can connect with and be responsive to all constituents.
Additional Salary Information: Housing is available on-campus.
About Chatsworth Hills Academy
Chatsworth Hills Academy is a small co-ed, college preparatory Independent Preschool through 8th Grade day school located on 16 beautiful, nature-filled acres in the northwest San Fernando Valley. CHA is accredited by CAIS and WASC and is an IB candidate school.