To view the job positing and to apply via the online employment application, please visit the employment page of our website at https://www.thepegasusschool.org/page/about/employment
Job Purpose: The basic purpose of this job is to teach elementary students math, language arts, social studies, and character education to students in an effort to promote academic, social, and emotional development.
Examples of Essential Functions:
1. Develop expansive curriculum including but not limited to language arts, math and social studies, which promotes the development of social, emotional, cognitive and academic skills.
2. Observe and evaluate student performance, behavior and social development; make recommendations and referrals as necessary.
3. Meet with parents/guardians to discuss each child’s progress and determine a course of action if needed.
4. Instruct students both individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students varying needs and interests.
5. Differentiate curriculum for gifted learners.
6. Design activities that include instruction, demonstration and “hands on” work time for students to observe, question and explore/investigate.
7. Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, guest speakers and other activities to promote learning.
8. Promote a positive classroom environment that promotes character development and establishes rules for student behavior and work ethic; enforce rules when necessary.
9. Decorate and maintain classroom look and bulletin boards.
10. Prepare, administer and grade tests, class work and homework in order to evaluate student’s progress.
11. Incorporate educational technology and 21st century learning skills within curriculum.
12. Collaborate with grade level and other teachers to create curriculum and design learning experiences for students.
13. Maintain a positive working relationship with learning and support team, division director, and other classroom support staff.
14. At all times maintain appropriate boundaries between students and adults.
15. Convey a positive image of The Pegasus School at all times when working with students, parents, employees and the public.
Required – Employee should have a Bachelor’s degree, possess Elementary (Multiple Subject) teaching credential or the like and three years of classroom experience. Desirable – Master’s degree in the area of Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Technology, Child Development, Early Education or the like; five or more years of classroom experience.